Terms & Conditions
Details of the works
We create flexible layouts that adapt to the capabilities of many devices and screen sizes. We create designs iteratively and use predominantly HTML and CSS, so we won’t waste time mocking up every page as a static visual. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to review our work and provide feedback. We’ll share a development site with you and we’ll have regular contact.
- Text content. We will create text content based on a brief interview with you at commission.
- Graphics and photographs. You should supply graphic files in an editable, vector digital format. You should supply photographs in a high-resolution digital format. If you’d like us to search for photographs for you, we can provide a separate estimate for that.
- Browser testing. Browser testing no longer means attempting to make a website look the same in browsers of different capabilities or on devices with different size screens. It does mean ensuring that a person’s experience of a design should be appropriate to the capabilities of a browser or device. We test our work in current versions of major desktop browsers including those made by Apple (Safari), Google (Chrome), Microsoft (Edge) and Mozilla (Firefox). We’ll also test to ensure that people who use Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 for Windows get an appropriate experience. We won’t test in other older browsers unless we agreed separately.
- Mobile browser testing. Mobile browser testing using popular smaller screen devices is essential in ensuring that a person’s experience of a design is appropriate to the capabilities of the device they’re using. We test our designs in: iOS: Safari & Google Chrome Android. We won’t test in Blackberry, Opera Mini/Mobile, specific Android devices, Windows or other mobile browsers unless we agreed separately.
Changes and revisions. We don’t want to limit either your options or your opportunities to change your mind. The basic price at the beginning of this document is based on the number of hours that we estimate we’ll need to accomplish everything that a standard package website includes. If you do want to change your mind, add extra pages or even add new functionality, that won’t be a problem. You will be charged our standard rates per hour. Along the way we might ask you to put requests in writing, email is fine, so we can keep track of changes.
Web Hosting. Management of hosting, plus web hosting support issues is part of our service. We endeavor to have 99.9% uptime on our servers measured annually. Email services are not included.
We’ll carry out our work in accordance with good industry practice and at the standard expected from a suitably qualified person with relevant experience. That said, we can’t guarantee that the functions contained in any included third-party software or in a completed web site will always be error-free and so we can’t be liable to you or any third-party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages, arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this web site and any other web pages, even if you have advised us of the possibilities of such damages.
Your liability to us will also be limited to the amount of fees payable under this contract and you won’t be liable to us or any third-party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages, even if we’ve advised you of them.
We love to show off our work and share what we have learned with other people, so we also reserve the right to display a discrete development credit at the bottom of your website, display and link to your completed project as part of our portfolio and to write about the project on web sites, in magazine articles and in books about web design.
Finally, if any provision of this contract shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this contract and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Intellectual property rights
Just to be clear, “Intellectual property rights” means all patents, rights to inventions, copyright (including rights in software) and related rights, trademarks, service marks, get up and trade names, internet domain names, rights to goodwill or to sue for passing off, rights in designs, database rights, rights in confidential information (including know-how) and any other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications (or rights to apply) for, and renewals or extensions of, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or shall subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
First, you guarantee that all elements of text, images or other artwork you provide are either owned by your good selves, or that you’ve permission to use them. When you provide text, images or other artwork to us, you agree to protect us from any claim by a third party that we’re using their intellectual property.
We guarantee that all elements of the work we deliver to you are either owned by us or we’ve obtained permission to provide them to you. When we provide text, images or other artwork to you, we agree to protect you from any claim by a third party that you’re using their intellectual property. Provided you’ve paid for the work and that this contract hasn’t been terminated, we’ll assign all intellectual property rights to you as follows:
- Easy Entry Package: After full payment of the minimum payable fee of £990 (18 months of £55 payments) you’ll own the website we design for you plus the visual elements that we create for it.
- Bespoke Package: After full payment of agreed fee you’ll own the website we design for you plus the visual elements that we create for it.
You own all intellectual property rights of text, images, site specification and data you provided, unless someone else owns them.
We’ll own any intellectual property rights we’ve developed prior to or developed separately from this project and not paid for by you. We’ll own the unique combination of these elements that constitutes a complete design and we’ll license its use to you, exclusively and in perpetuity for this project only, unless we agree otherwise.
Easy Entry Package
Minimum Payable Fee
The minimum payable amount is £990 paid in 18 monthly installments.
Hosting and Maintenance Fee
After the first 18 months a severable rolling contract of £55 a month will exist. Notify us to cancel your package before the next payment.
Charges for ending your contract early
When you agree to sign up to Easy Entry Website Design Package, a minimum contract length applies (minimum term). The minimum contract length is 18 months, unless otherwise stated.
When do I have to pay early termination charges?
Early termination charges only apply if your subscription ends before the end of your minimum contract length (minimum term), for reasons other than those permitted under your contract.